Sunday, June 28, 2009

"A Worn Path"

I think in this story that Phoenix can be a little crazy at times. I think that a lot of the things she goes through and sees are just in her head and are not actually taking place. Several times throughout her journey through the woods, she talks to the animals who aren't there, thinks a scarecrow is a man, and sees a little boy (who isn't real) offering her cake. I think once she gets in to town, she starts to realize within herself that the town is reality and it confuses her. While in the office building she take a long time to realize why she is there and answer back to the nurse. I think this shows her confusion in dealing with actual reality. I believe that her grandson died a couple of years ago, and she still believes that he is alive. I think she doesn't want to accept the fact that he is dead, so she still goes through the routine of picking up his medicine and taking care of him. I think that the townspeople are just going along with it because they know she is an old lady, and they don't want to break the news to her.

No comments:

Post a Comment