Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Stories

The story I liked the most is " The Yellow Wallpaper." I liked it because it kept me on the edge of my seat wandering what is going to happen with the narrator and the wallpaper. I also liked the underlying message about marriages and how some women feel trapped. I think Charlotte Perkins Gilman used symbolism and irony to explain the underlying message to her audience, and I think she did a very good job of it. She vividly painted a picture of the narrator and her actions so well, that I thought I was there observing the narrator as she was.

The story I disliked the most would have to be "Girl." To me the way Jamaica Kincaid wrote this story was insignificant in relaying the underlying message. I think there are a hundred more ways to get the message across to the audience that is more indepth, and more descriptive. I think it needed more actions and more of a story line, but of course that is my opinion and that is what I like to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment