Monday, June 29, 2009

"The Conscience of the Court"

I think Laura Lee's loyalty toward Celestine is greatly appreciated. I think Celestine treats her well and I know this because Laura Lee talks about how much she feels a part of the family. If Celestine was treating her bad, I think Laura Lee would have taken one of those chances and left when she had the chance. I think as long as she feels like a part of the family and is not being treated badly, I think she should stay, if that is where she wants to be. I don't think she was pressured to stay at all, it seemed like it was all free will.

I think Laura Lee's testimony impacted the story in a big way. I don't think the story told by someone else would have been as effective. Her testimony definitely created sympathy for her character and in a sense, drew the audience/jury in. I don't think it slowed the story down at all, I think it gave much needed background on Laura and her family.

No comments:

Post a Comment